We collect two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information
and Aggregate Information.
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”):
This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. Examples of PII may include your first and last name; or district name; your address, city or state; your phone number; your email address. When you engage in certain activities on our Services, such as registering for an account, contacting us for support or information about our Services, validating your ID number, submitting orders for our products our Services, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain PII.
This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon how you use our Services and what other websites may have directed you to us. This information, which is collected in a variety of different ways, is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis.
We do not collect any PII about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us for the
purpose of enabling our Services for your use. You may be required to provide certain
PII to us when you elect to use certain features available in our Services. These may
include: (a) registering for an account or accessing certain features within our Services;
(b) submitting product orders; or (c) submitting a support request or request for product
information or (d) sending us an email or placing or receiving a telephone call to or from
We do not use information which you provide for any marketing or promotional purposes or share this information with others.
We may also collect certain Aggregate Information. For example, we may use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers, software, to administer our Site and to gather demographic information.
We will not sell, trade, or rent your PII to others.
Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide PII to the appropriate governmental authorities. In such cases, we will disclose PII upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our products or services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
To best provide our Services, and keep your information safe, we work with a few other companies. These companies only have access to the information they need to provide our Services. We assess the security and privacy policies of third-party service providers at least once per year to ensure they are capable of complying with our guidelines and practices for ensuring the confidentiality, security and integrity of users data.
We market some product and service offerings on the behalf of affiliates, service providers, partners and other third parties (“Service Partners”). This document only addresses how we collect, use and disclose your information. We do not share PII provided to us with our Service Partners or collect PII from our Service Partners. We encourage our Service Partners to adopt and promote strong privacy policies; however, the collection and use of your PII by our Service Partners is governed by their respective privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the PII that you have provided
to us. You may change any of your PII in your account online at any time by logging into
your account or contacting us.
We encourage you to promptly update your PII if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, some information, such as past transactions, logs of technical support calls, or other information may not be deleted during the duration of our contract with your school or district.
We may, from time to time, send you email regarding new products or services
that we feel may interest you. We will only send you these notifications if you
have previously indicated that you wish to receive them. If you do not want to
receive notifications from us, you can “opt-out” by contacting us as directed in
You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described above. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies some parts of our Services may not work properly for you
When you use our Services, you can be assured that your PII is secure as we strive to
take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or
unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of your PII. For example:
1. We work hard to ensure that the data we collect is reliable, accurate, complete and current. We use PII only for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
2. We limit access to PII only to specific employees, contractors and agents who have a reasonable need to come into contact with your information. For example, we may provide members of our technical support team with limited access to your account in order to allow them to troubleshoot problems you may be having with our Services.
3. Additionally, we also employ a number of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect PII. Our secure servers and our data centers are protected by encryption, and our servers reside behind firewalls and password protection.
4. Finally, access by you to your PII is available through a password selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your PII, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our Services cannot be guaranteed.
Although we make concerted good faith efforts to maintain the security of personal information, and we work hard to ensure the integrity and security of our systems, no practices are 100% immune, and we can’t guarantee the security of information. Outages, attacks, human error, system failure, unauthorized use or other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. If we learn of a security breach or other unauthorized disclosure of your PII, we will attempt to notify you so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
Any such notice will include:
1. The date of the breach.
2. The type of information that was subject to breach.
3. General description of what occurred.
4. Steps we are taking to address the breach.
5. The contact person with our Company who you can contact regarding the breach.